Tams Family Homepage - Amy, Matthew, Ryan, Zachary, and Kevin
family blogmatthewryanzachandrew

Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving

We tend to have bad luck with our Thanksgiving feasts the past couple of years.  Last year we were supposed to have family come over to our house for dinner.  I had everything all ready to go but got sick with the stomach flu the night before.  We weren't immune this year.  This time the boys had a stomach bug, so our actual Thanksgiving dinner looked something like this:


Pancakes anyone?


Luckily, we were able to have our dinner the next day.  It tasted even better because we had to wait!    And while the boys liked the turkey and all the fixings, their favorite was pie of course!  I'm not a big pie maker to begin with and this year posed a special challenge with our gluten-free requirements.  The apple and pumpkin pies were pretty good, but the picky eaters really enjoyed the chocolate cream.  :)  


Our sickness reminded us of everything we are grateful for.  I love this time of year and the focus on family and blessings!

No comments: