We were a little late in getting our pumpkins ready for this year, so we carved them shortly before Halloween. As always, the kids had fun designing the faces but left most of the gut-scooping fun to us. I think that's the best part!
The boys have a Halloween parade at school every year where they get to walk around the school in their costumes to show their classmates and parents. I took the younger boys over to watch and while Zachary was excited at first his patience obviously started to run a little low. Smile, you should young Yoda!
Andrew wasn't too impressed with having to wait in the stroller either.
But at last the parade began and we were able to see our boys! Ryan decided to be a Jedi for the third year in a row. I tried to suggest he try something else, but he had his mind made up. I have to admit that he makes a mighty cute Jedi. Am I allowed to say that about my little Padawan?
Matthew decided to go as international soccer star Cristian Ronaldo who plays for Real Madrid. He even made sure to get the spiky mohawk to complete the look. He didn't notice me at first and I kept saying his name so I could get him to turn and take his picture, but he was so focused on the parade that he didn't hear me. Finally I yelled out "Ronaldo!" and he immediately turned around and gave me a big grin.
Getting ready for Trick-or-Treating! The boys could hardly contain their excitement and would only hold still long enough for me to grab a quick picture. It was on to the candy collecting! Of course they made a haul and we had to go through it to portion out the parental tax. Ryan commented that he already couldn't wait until next year!






No comments:
Post a Comment