During spring break in April we went up to the Hill Aerospace Museum with Grandma and Grandpa Tams and our cousins. Let me just say that the boys had a blast. They LOVED the airplanes. As we walked into the museum, the boys and their cousins were very excitedly pointing out planes and aircraft parts. Some of the volunteers were sitting by the entrance and they couldn't help but laugh at the excitement of these little guys. They told them to come back anytime!
Here's a picture of Ryan and Matthew at the first airplane.
Here's a picture of Ryan and Matthew at the first airplane.
Here they are by an army jeep that looks like Sarge from the Pixar Cars movie. Don't they look excited for mom to be taking their picture?


Ryan especially loved the helicopters
Matthew was intrigued by any torpedoes or bombs
Zach was just hanging out, taking it all in (he really wanted to get out and run, but two crazy boys was enough for mom!)
With some of the cousins


The best part of the museum was an interactive play area where the kids could learn about the airplanes. They had actual cockpits they had removed from old planes for the kids to sit in with helmets and jumpers for them to try on. My boys weren't too interested in the jumpers, but the helmets were a big hit. They were in heaven.


Matthew and Ryan were on a mission somewhere. I couldn't hear all of the details, but I know Matthew was shouting out a destination and call signs, something to the effect of, "Did you hear me? We're headed to the mountains. Copy, niner?" I wanted to call them Goose and Maverick, but realized they wouldn't get the reference.




Here they are with some of the planes outside. I wasn't able to get a lot of pictures because they were literally running from plane to plane.


After the museum we got some burgers at the Burger Bar and headed to a park to eat them.
It was such a fun day!






3 comments:
I love Matthew's mission! So funny and cute. I'm glad you had a good time.
Wow, that does look like fun, but I got tired just looking at all the running they were doing! You are a trooper!
The pictures of them in helmets are just too cute.
What a great idea! Every time we are up in that area we think to ourselves that we need to go visit the museum. Seeing your pictures and post convinces us it will be worth the time.
You have a cute family!
Joe & Kristin (Van De Graaff)
Post a Comment