Tams Family Homepage - Amy, Matthew, Ryan, Zachary, and Kevin
family blogmatthewryanzachandrew

Thursday, May 1, 2008

It's May!!

I can't believe it is May already. Where has this year gone? It seems like just yesterday we were starting January. Oh wait, maybe because it still feels like January around here. We're ready for Spring!


The past couple of weeks have been busy and I have been lazy and/or negligent with the blog. Kevin went to San Francisco last week for a work conference. He got to eat at fine restaurants with his colleagues while the boys and I enjoyed mac n' cheese, pancakes, and pizza. :) Kevin had a great time and learned a lot about his field. We were certainly glad to have him home again!


Last Sunday was Ryan's first official day of nursery. Hooray! He did really well except for the last half hour when he kept telling the teachers "home, home." I think he was ready for his nap. He is so much fun these days and just loves to get into trouble. His new adventures include dumping cereal on the floor and stomping on it to grind it into the carpet and opening the silverware drawer to pull out the butter knives. We need to get a lock for that drawer! I hear it opening and then hear little feet on the go. When I go to get him he just laughs as he hands over the knife because he knows he will be at it again soon. He has also become our little parrot and repeats everything we say. This morning I was making him a pancake and asked if he wanted jam on it. He looked at me and started yelling "Jam it! Jam it!" I couldn't stop laughing. Here are some of the other things Ryan is saying right now:



Tomas - Thomas the Train
James - Thomas' friend
choo choo
song - usually after he has pushed open the piano to play a few notes
book
pants - This is a popular one because Ryan has been observing the whole potty training thing with Matthew. Ryan has learned to take his pants off and I am constantly trying to keep them on. Most of the time he just runs around in his diaper.


slide
tent
shovel - He is obsessed with shovels. Seriously.
side - outside
tuck - truck
beep beep, come - Here we come!
jammas - pj's
don't
sop - stop
carsh - crash
boke - broke
shuck- stuck
ABC's
bike
dump/jump - jump
tummy
Jesus
egg
pancake
hands too - wash hands too

Matthew has been growing up so fast. I saw his 2-year-old picture in our room the other day and he looked so little. He is already 3 1/2 years old! He loves primary and going to the library. And of course playing cars are still a staple of his life. It's fun to watch him play now because he sets up little scenes and gives the cars names. He has a very active imagination. The other day he said to me, "Mom, I will miss you when I go in my rocket ship. But don't worry cause I will come back to see you and take you for a ride." He has been potty training as well and has been doing a pretty good job the last week or so. We bought him some new undies and all of a sudden he loves the ones with Superman. He told me that he wanted to be a Superhero when he grows up so he can save people. The funny thing is I don't think he's ever seen much about Superman or any of the others but apparently he knows what they are. He also loves going to Home Depot with his dad. Here is his latest project, a planter box.
He also helped Kevin plant the tomatoes in the back yard and loves to work outside. He loves to help and can make a pretty mean peanut butter and honey sandwich (with mom's supervision of course.)

Wrestling with bears!!

Here are the boys playing in the sandbox.

3 comments:

Adam and Brynn said...

Those boys are so stinkin' cute! We can't wait till we can see them agian! ;)

Christina said...

We were so glad we could see you guys last week. Thanks so much for your help. We are so excited that you guys are having another boy. We hope we can see you guys again soon.

Love,
The Stevulak's

sweet pickles said...

I'm a huge fan of that picture of Ryan in (I'm assuming) your dress shoes!