Tams Family Homepage - Amy, Matthew, Ryan, Zachary, and Kevin
family blogmatthewryanzachandrew

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Matthew Part 1

It has been a long time since we have posted. I can't seem to keep up with this month. It won't be long before Christmas is here! (and I still have some shopping to finish!) Here is a brief summary of what has been going on around the Tams house and some of the sweet things Matthew has said or done.


On Monday, December 3, we found out that my sweet little nephew Ethan had passed away. Matthew could see that Kevin and I were very sad with the news. This is what he said to me after Kevin went to work: "Mom, don't worry. I'll call Grandma and Grandpa to come down and give you a blessing. Where's the phone?" He proceeded to look for his toy phone and when he found it he called my parents. "Hi Grandma and Grandpa. Will you come and give mom a blessing? Okay, Bye." It was such a sweet thought and I was glad to see that he recognized the significance of a priesthood blessing.


A few days later I was again having kind of a tough morning. I think Matthew knew what I was thinking about and he asked about Logan and Ethan. I tearfully explained that Ethan had gone back to live with his Heavenly Father and that he was no longer with Adam and Brynn. Matthew replied, "That's okay mom. The angels came to get him." I honestly didn't know what to say. All I could do was smile and give him a huge hug.











On Friday we went up to Logan, UT for Ethan's viewing and funeral. It was a very special service and Adam and Brynn did such a wonderful job. One of my favorite moments was when Matthew saw us all crying and asked why everyone was so sad. Kevin told him that Ethan had gone to live with Heavenly Father and that we would miss him until we could see him again. Matthew then said, "I'm not sad." When I asked him why he said, "Because I get to go back to Grandma's house and play with toys." I had to chuckle. I think it was just what I needed to hear. We were sad that Ethan was gone, but we also know that we will see him again someday. In the meantime, we need to be happy and live a good life to make sure that happens. And yes, that includes playing with toys. :) We love you Ethan!












Pictures of Matthew with his cousins - Trying to sneak some cookies with Makenna and looking a little bored with Dillon.

1 comment:

Jenni Elyse said...

It's so sweet to hear what Matthew has said. It's amazing the things they realize at such a young age. ;)

Is Brynn your sister? She looks so familiar....