Tams Family Homepage - Amy, Matthew, Ryan, Zachary, and Kevin
family blogmatthewryanzachandrew

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Matthew Part 2

It's a good thing Matthew had some sweet moments last week because he has more than made up for it the last couple of days. These are some of the messes he has gotten in to over the last two weeks. And no, I'm not exaggerating.

  • Graham cracker crumbs dumped all over the floor

  • Sneaking hamburger buns from the counter (aided and abetted by his younger brother)










  • Green marker colored all over his face

  • Hand soap on the bathroom counter, floor, and toilet seat cover

  • Mom's makeup

  • Hot chocolate powder spilled on the kitchen floor

  • Spilled milk (would have been worse if I hadn't stopped him from almost dumping the last third of the milk carton on his cereal)

  • Hand soap again

  • Toothpaste squeezed onto the bathroom floor

  • Hand soap again (it has been relocated)

  • Water dumped onto the carpet in his bedroom

  • Liquid dish soap squeezed onto the kitchen rug

  • Raisins dumped out on the floor under the table
So we have had lots of timeouts and many talks about not getting in to things when Mommy is busy with Ryan or washing the dishes or doing other things. He has this uncanny ability to sneak away without me knowing. My mommy-sense is starting to kick in, though, and I have been able to avoid many potential disasters. A lot of the things were my fault, i.e. forgetting to put the hot chocolate or dish soap away. I have learned my lesson and am trying to remember where I leave things. My favorite response to all of this: "Mom, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." Yeah, sure.

4 comments:

Angie said...

I don't know anything about little boys creating disasters. Like one who colored on the wall, resulting in me having to repaint. A week later I found new art work. This same little boy is not the one (ha!) who squirted bleach all over my bathroom carpet. Nope. Can't relate to that at all. :)

tyler and ali said...

It's uncanny how they are able recognize the potential of toothpaste, hand soap, and hot chocolate. I wouldn't think of doing any of those things! It's always the smart ones that cause the problems (at least while they're still at home!). I like to call those trouble-magnets "blog fodder". Sorry it's been a tough week--but at least your floors are cleaner than mine!

A said...

Let's talk about Jackson managing to silently climb on a chair and up on to the counter, stand up, and open the cupboard where the glass glasses and plates are. Here's the most amazing thing: Nick was in the kitchen and I was in the room right next to it, which has plain view of the counter he was on. Neither of us even heard him because we were doing other things and he was so silent in his mischief. Why can't he be that quiet at church ? ;)

Jenette said...

Amazing. That's all I have to say about being a mother. Mothers really do amaze me.