Tams Family Homepage - Amy, Matthew, Ryan, Zachary, and Kevin
family blogmatthewryanzachandrew

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Zachary's wish

Saturdays can get kind of busy with soccer games, yardwork, housework, errands, etc.  It usually ends up being kind of a lazy day for me in the getting ready department - ponytail, little to no makeup, the bare minimum.  I learned tonight that I might need to step it up a little.  As we were reading scriptures before bed, Zachary was sitting behind me playing with my hair.  One of them is always doing it while we read - I guess it is one of those sweet things they still hold on to from when they were babies.  After scriptures Zachary chimed up with this pearl of wisdom:

"Mom, I wish you were a princess."
"Oh really?  Why?"
"Because then you would be prettier."

To which Ryan responded, "She doesn't need to be a princess.  She already got married!"

To which Kevin responded, "Mom is a princess.  And she's pretty."

Thank you boys!

3 comments:

jjonstott said...

Amy, I think Zach was talking about how you would get to dress up with a princess dress and a crown! That is the only explanation, because you are very beautiful (even without makeup). In addition, I don't think you should worry about "stepping it up," because I don't think princess dresses would work well with Saturday chores :)However, maybe you have your Halloween costume idea, now! Thanks for sharing a cute story!

Angie said...

How sweet! What cute boys you have.

Vickie said...

I agree with Julie!
And I'm glad Kevin knew the right thing to say.
My kids play with my hair too - especially Gideon. =)