Tams Family Homepage - Amy, Matthew, Ryan, Zachary, and Kevin
family blogmatthewryanzachandrew

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Zachary's Birthday

We recently celebrated Zach's birthday.  This little guy is four already!  He has been waiting anxiously for the big day, counting down almost a month in advance.  When we asked what he wanted most for his birthday, he immediately replied "My own lightsaber."  He always had to borrow one from Matthew who ended up getting two one year.  That's about all he would answer for a few weeks, until right before his birthday he decided on a small Lego set (of course) that he wanted because it included two small gray guns.  Easy enough!

He had a fun day.  First we had preschool at our house in the morning.  We are rotating this year with five other moms in our neighborhood.  Because it was the second week, we did B is for Birthday and had lots of activities planned around the birthday theme.  And cupcakes of course!  Later that day he said he was starting to feel a little icky and it became apparent that he had caught a cold from the other boys.  For some reason, colds knock Zach out a little more than the other kids, so he spent the rest of the day laying on the couch and watching some of his favorite shows.  At one point he said he was too sick to do anything, so I told him maybe we should wait until the next day to open his presents, thinking he would enjoy them a little more.  What was I thinking?  He instantly perked up and told me he was feeling much better.  It was really cute.

After Zach's birthday dinner of pancakes and eggs, we sang Happy Birthday and opened presents.  The lucky boy did end up getting his much talked about Lego set and lightsaber..






He didn't seem to be doing too well after presents, so we opted to wait until the next day for cake and ice cream.  Zachary loves Jake and the Neverland Pirates from the Disney Channel, so he requested a Bucky pirate ship cake for his birthday.




Some fun things about Zachary:

-He says willn't instead of won't.
-The other day we were playing a game and I told him I needed to take a quick break to help Andrew.  When I came back, he said, "I was just set-upping it Mom."
-He calls Matthew "Mafrew"
-He loves Legos, Jake, Star Wars, and cars
-He loves to play soccer with the other boys and he can't wait to be on his own team.  One day he was playing in the basement and I went down to check on him.  He was kicking a ball and making shots at the soccer goals.  When he saw me watching, he said, "I'm just practicing my angles Mom."  What four year old decides he needs to practice his angles?
-He's my dancer buddy.  We like to put on bouncy songs when we work and he has some great moves.
We love our big four-year-old boy!

No comments: