Tams Family Homepage - Amy, Matthew, Ryan, Zachary, and Kevin
family blogmatthewryanzachandrew

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Brigham City Temple

We were able to go on a tour of the Brigham City Temple and it was such a wonderful experience.  We worked really hard with the boys beforehand, using several family home evenings to talk about temples and to practice how we act there.  We looked at pictures of different rooms within the temple and decided on a few things we would watch out for - a picture of Christ being baptized near the baptismal font or the double mirrors in the sealing room for example.  The boys did well on the tour and were excited to be in such a special place.  Our sweet Aunt Jeneile came with us and it was very nice to be with her, although we couldn't find a picture with her.  They must all be on her camera.  :) We loved the beauty of the temple, especially the incorporation of the peach blossoms throughout.  It was very special to contemplate on the significance of what happens there while we had our entire little family with us.  It was just a great experience.


In front of the temple



The boys with Grandma and Grandpa Tams




Our little family



1 comment:

Jenni Elyse said...

I'm glad you had the chance to go. And, I'm glad it was such a great experience for your boys. I still remember going through the Bountiful temple before it was dedicated when I was about 15 or 16. It was a very neat experience. I remember being excited to go through since I hadn't ever been to any other than the baptismal font in a temple.