The boys have been looking forward to this weekend for sometime. They have been talking for weeks about finding their Easter baskets, doing egg hunts, and most of all - eating candy.
We did the Easter baskets on Saturday morning. Andrew was the first to find his and the rest did a good job of helping each other.
After a quick cleanup it was off to soccer games. When those were finished we headed up to Grandma and Grandpa's house to have some yummy food and play with cousins. Too bad we didn't bring a camera. The kids had a lot of fun playing and getting spoiled (ie more candy).
We let the kids watch the new Muppets movie on the way home and the older three got to stay up late to finish. Although they loved staying up, they were definitely ready for bed when the time came. Zachary was practically begging to be tucked in. I'm glad we wore them out!
Today we tried to focus more on the spiritual side of Easter. We watched a story about Christ's resurrection before church then headed off to our meetings. The later night and the candy crash must have hit our kids because they were certainly more wiggly than normal. At one point Kevin had to take Andrew out and I was trying to help the other three make it through sacrament meeting. Zachary and Matthew were coloring and Ryan had pretty much just given up. He was lounging all over the bench. I asked him to please sit up and try to listen to what was being said because we only had a few more minutes. His response: "I can't mom. I think I'm church sick." I had to stifle a laugh and tried to help him see that the speaker was talking about the resurrection, just like we had been focusing on this morning. His response: "That's why I don't need to listen. I already know what he's talking about." It's a good thing the meeting wrapped up about then.
Because of our busy day yesterday, we didn't get time to dye eggs and the boys were asking to do it. After lunch we got the eggs ready and they fought over, I mean, shared the colors.
Andrew tried to get in on the fun too.
While I cleaned up the eggs they took turns hiding plastic ones outside. They had a lot of fun together.
Overall it was a good weekend. It was nice to spend lots of time together as a family and focus on the resurrection of the Savior.
4 days ago






3 comments:
Your little guys are DARLING!! I just can't believe how grown up they all are. I love all there blonde hair.
So awesome! I love the whole "church sick" thing, that's hilarious!
look at all of those adorable blondies!!!
Post a Comment