Tams Family Homepage - Amy, Matthew, Ryan, Zachary, and Kevin
family blogmatthewryanzachandrew

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

He's One!

I can't believe our littlest guy is one already. I remember his birth like it was yesterday.



We had a fun day. We ran to the store to pick up a few things and Andrew loves going out. For some reason he thinks riding in the carts is a lot of fun.

After Kevin came home, we had some dinner with Andrew's favorite for the moment: strawberries. He is in that funny stage where he will love one thing one day and the next he changes his mind and throws it all on the floor.

We opened presents and he loved his new touch and feel book, the bristle blocks, and a new little cell phone - because of the buttons of course.









After presents we had cake and ice cream. Andrew was not bashful in the slightest. He grabbed that cupcake, took a taste, and almost couldn't get it into his mouth fast enough. He was also a huge fan of the ice cream and cried when he couldn't have more.











Some fun things about Andrew:

He is our cuddler. He loves to be held and snuggled.

He has started demanding that he be fed what everyone else is eating. We have quite the little moocher on our hands. You'd think he would be weaned by now, but he has also been my most attached baby in that regard. It might be a few more months before I can convince him to give it up.

He isn't walking yet, but he is learning to balance and can walk a few steps on his own when he wants something really badly. That's just his personality though. He can't be foreced to do anything unless he just wakes up one day and decides to do it.


He only says mama or mum mum as far as words go, but he does babble a lot and looks at you like you should know what he is saying.



He loves to play with balls and anything with buttons. He would also play with legos if he could, but of course they are off limits (something he is not happy about.)



His favorite places to play: downstairs with the boys, in the dishwasher when it is open, and anything else he can get into and empty.





We sure love this little boy and couldn't imagine our crazy house without him. Happy Birthday Andrew!

8 comments:

Jenni Elyse said...

Awww! I can't believe he's already 1. It's amazing how fast time flies. He's so cute and I love all the pictures. He looks like he's enjoying his birthday treat! And, I love that he's British by saying "Mum." ;)

jjonstott said...

He is adorable and I hope he had a great birthday. Very cute cake and cupcakes, Amy. Good thing you got a pic before they were eaten!

Ali said...

Man, time has flown! Cute cake--what a fun idea!
I can't believe Andrew is one. He's such a fun little guy. Hey, let's start planning a play date for summer, I miss you!

Vickie said...

Love the cake - but the little man is even better to look at. What a great kid.

Kellie said...

The years just go by too fast, and that first one slips by a little faster than the rest. I never have my kids weaned by one, but usually within in a couple of months they give it up without a fight, especially if they are super interested in real food (so you're in luck). He is adorable and it looks like he had a great day. Ah to be one again...

Christina said...

So cute! I LOVE the cake and cupcakes. You're amazing! They grow way to fast, I can't believe our oldest will be baptized this year. That makes me want to cry for several reasons. Miss and love you!

Andrea and Terrance said...

He is such a handsome boy. I am so impressed by your farm cake. That is darling.

Jamie said...

Oh so cute! Happy Birthday Andrew-Im a little slow in the blogging world these days.

Darling cake and cupcakes! Wow!