Tams Family Homepage - Amy, Matthew, Ryan, Zachary, and Kevin
family blogmatthewryanzachandrew

Monday, August 8, 2011

Jelly Beans

This happened back in March right after Andrew was born. I wanted to write it down so I wouldn't forget.


We had a package of Starburst jellybeans and Zach decided they were his new favorite treat. He asked for them often but was only allowed to have some every once in awhile. One night we had just finished dinner when Zachary did something to go to time out. I don't remember what it was, but I know that he was in trouble in his room. In the meantime, Ryan was crying a little because his legs were achy. Kevin offered him some jelly beans to "help." All of sudden we hear a wailing coming from Zachary's room. It was the end of his timeout anyway, so I went in to find out what was wrong and he informed me that his legs hurt too. Smart boy. I had to hide a smile when I asked him what we should do about it. He told me that he needed some jelly beans too. Kevin heard the conversation and told Zachary the only way he could get jelly beans was if he hopped from his bedroom to the kitchen. Zach and his "sore" legs jumped all the way there to get his jelly beans. As he was eating them I kept asking if his legs were feeling better and he continued to respond in the negative until they were all gone. I think he was afraid we would take them away if we thought they were working too soon. When he was finished he flashed a big smile and announced that he was all better.



Easter 2011


No comments: