We've had a lot of firsts lately. The big news is we spent the first night in our new home recently! After selling our first home we finally found a new place to live. We are still trying to get things organized and put away, but we are making progress. It has been fun to put together a brand new place and the boys have LOVED exploring.
Our first time at church had some new moments as well. While in sacrament meeting Matthew leaned over to me and told me he was nervous about the new church. I asked him why and he said he was expecting orange lights to be along the sides of the chapel. (?) I told him there was nothing to worry about and that he was going to have fun in his new Primary class. I could tell I wasn't convincing him, so I tried to think of something else to say. I happened to glance up at the pulpit and knew I had my answer. "Matthew," I whispered, "there may not be any orange lights, but there are pink seats on the stand." He looked up and with a huge grin on his face said, "Pink is my favorite color." I knew we would be okay.
A little later on we sang "Hark the Herald Angels Sing." Ryan had the hymn book open and was singing along in his own little way. All of a sudden he perked up and said, "Hey, that's the Charlie Brown song!" That's the first time Charlie Brown has been mentioned at church. I knew Ryan was going to like it here too. But I think we may need to work a little more on the meanings behind the songs.
We are excited for all new things that will come our way, especially our first Christmas! Here is a picture of the boys with the Christmas tree and our first fireplace. (Ornaments soon to come!) I think it is adorable, but of course I'm extremely biased.
We also want to send out a special thank you to everyone who helped us move. We have been very blessed by your service. Thank you.
4 days ago






4 comments:
Congratulations! I'm so excited that you are in your new home. The boys, your mantle, and the tree look great!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who hangs stockings over the fireplace with a string. I didn't know what to do without making a bunch of holes. I'm excited you're in your new house and I hope to see more pictures in the near future!!
So fun!!! Adorable boys...cute mantle! We're excited you guys are finally in your new place. We've missed you! Do you guys want to come and play now that you're only 20 or 30 minutes away?
whoo hoo!!! so exciting for you! I love the pic--the living room looks really nice from what i see of it! when you're unpacked, you'll have to post more pics :) Congrats on the big move!
Post a Comment