Tams Family Homepage - Amy, Matthew, Ryan, Zachary, and Kevin
family blogmatthewryanzachandrew

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Ryan's Dream

Last week Ryan woke up crying in the middle of the night. I went in to find out what was wrong and he was mumbling something. I couldn't figure out what it was, probably because he was still partially asleep (and so was I for that matter.). I scooped him up and tried to calm him down, but nothing seemed to work. He didn't want me to rock him or sing to him or lay down by him. He just kept sitting in my lap mumbling something about "ake". I kept asking him if he had an ache in his legs or his arms or anywhere, but kept crying and telling me no. I told him that I didn't know how to help him unless I knew what was wrong. He finally calmed down enough to tell me that "someone took my an ake." What? I had to have him repeat it several times before my sleepy brain finally registered - "Someone took your pancake?" "Yes!" he replied sadly. I gave him a kiss and hug and told him that no took his pancake and that I would make him some in the morning. He crawled off my lap and went right back to sleep. Poor little guy. I would be sad too if someone had taken my pancake.

3 comments:

Vickie said...

I'm impressed you figured it out - and I'm glad that the promised breakfast pancake was enough to calm him down.

Tyler V said...

That is hilarious!

Annie Hatch said...

Aaaah, if that could only be the worst dream I have had...
What a funny kid!