Tams Family Homepage - Amy, Matthew, Ryan, Zachary, and Kevin
family blogmatthewryanzachandrew

Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Two-Year-Old

Oh, where to begin with my sweet little guy? Ryan has definitely developed a mind and will of his own recently. Almost everything that comes out of his mouth is: NO, I WANT TO DO IT! He will even go back and redo things if he doesn't get the chance - climb back into bed, open and close doors, etc. A few Sundays ago we were at church when Ryan dropped one of his cars during sacrament meeting. When Kevin bent down and picked it up for him, Ryan took the car, looked at Kevin, and dropped right back on the floor so he could bend down and pick it up.

We've been working on speaking kindly to each other rather than yelling if he wants something. I hear a lot of "Matthew, don't please do that!" And of course Matthew loves to egg him on. But Ryan is a great wrestler and can always find a way to get his brother back with a good tackle, which turns into wrestling, which turns into a lot of laughing an giggling. Brothers.

Here he is hanging out with Zachary whom he ADORES. He always comes up and pats Zach's head with, "Hi baby. Baby cute." or "Hi Zach. Did you have a good nap?" He would hug and kiss Zach to pieces if he could. Sometimes Zach flinches a little when he sees Ryan coming. It's pretty funny.

Another conversation taken from a few days ago:

Mom: Ryan, it's time to get dressed. What shirt do you want to wear?
Ryan: My train shirt.
Mom: Okay. Let's put it on.
Ryan: No, I want my football shirt.
Mom: Okay, let's put on the football shirt.
(After it's on) Ryan: I want my train shirt!
Mom: Which do you want, the train or football?
Ryan: I want McQueen.

Signs that we go to a certain store too often:

Ryan: Oh momma! I need my shoes on.
Mom: Oh Ryan, why?
Ryan: Cuz I need to go to Sam's Club to get the Lego Star Wars teebee (TV - he says all of his V's as B's).
Mom: I don't think they have a Lego Star Wars TV.
Ryan: Yes. C'mon. Let's go! (I think he remembers when we were there once and they were showing Star Wars on one of the TV's. He heard the Death March and of course decided it needed to come be a part of our collection.)

This is Ryan as Nephi and/or "Darf Mater." It depends on the day.

And finally, does anyone have any ideas on what to do with a monkey? This is how I found Ryan yesterday:


At least he didn't eat the dirt, although I wouldn't put it past him.

5 comments:

dani and fam said...

i love him! i laughed at the shirt senario. priceless. i'll have to call you soon and pay you to do some LE's for me!

Tyler V said...

Sheesh, Amy, maybe if you'd give the kid some water, he wouldn't HAVE to be a monkey...nope, he'd still want to do it himself...

The Christensens said...

Oh so funny!!! Our kids are two peas in a pod!!! Goodluck to us!!!

Andrea and Terrance said...

that is so cute. I laughed when I read all your cute stories. My favorite was the picture of Ryan and Zach. You are such a good mom.

Adam and Brynn said...

lol he's so cute! Sounds like he and Makenna will be great friends. Or not since she has to do EVERYTHING too. :) I had to laugh because Makenna does the SAME thing! If we do something to help her, she just messes it up again so she can fix it too, or whatever the case may be. haha Too funny.

I love all the things he said. It cracked me up! :)