Four-year-olds are hilarious. Here are some of Matthew's recent sayings and doings.
As we have been spring cleaning, my boys have found "new" and interesting things to play and get into trouble with. The dusters and brooms have become light sabers and boxes have become surfboards for the stairs, for example. Because we have been stacking things together to make more room, the boys have also found ways to get to things they couldn't before. And it seems Matthew is a little taller than I remember, because he is reaching things that were previously unreachable. The other day he was on my bed and reached up to tug on the chain for the ceiling fan (off-limits).
Mom: Matthew, please don't touch that!
Matthew: Okay. (Reaching for it again)
Mom: Matthew, what did I just ask you to do?
Matthew: Okay, okay. I won't. (Then, very quietly)
Hey Ryan, can you reach that chain and pull on it?
At least he's resourceful!
He is also not allowed to touch the picture hanging above our bed. I had gone into the boys' room to get something and came back to find Matthew dangerously close to the picture, hand hovering over the top. "Mom, look what I'm not touching," he says proudly.
Although Matthew has been very interested in Lego Star Wars, he sometimes has bad dreams about it. He had been waking up the past couple of nights with bad dreams, so we told him he couldn't play the game for a while. The next night he came in our room after having a bad dream. "But guess what dad. My dream was about the Incredibles (which he has never seen?) so now I can play Lego Star Wars!" Kevin scooted him off to bed but came back laughing. Where does this kid come up with this stuff?






4 comments:
I love that he tried to enlist Ryan to do the dirty work! So funny!
Hello Tams! I can't even remember how I found this blog but thought I'd say hello! All those little conversations between your boys and you are hilarious and so cute.
he is SO funny. i love the comment about 'lego jesus' a few posts down!! cameron liked seeing his picture when i was looking at your site.
Hey guys! Very cute blog. We love the pictures. You are so good about recording the funny things that kids do. I need to do better . . . Nathaniel especially enjoyed seeing the McQueen pinata and the pile of boxes with Ryan in the middle. Nicolas loves hearing that other kids are mischevious just like him.
Post a Comment