Tams Family Homepage - Amy, Matthew, Ryan, Zachary, and Kevin
family blogmatthewryanzachandrew

Monday, August 18, 2008

Matthew's First Day of Preschool

We have a neighbor a few doors down who decided to open a preschool this year. Matthew has practically been counting down the days until school started. Yesterday at breakfast he told me, "Mom, this is my last day off until preschool." When he woke up this morning, he was definitely ready. It helped that he woke up with great bed head!

This is Matthew just before school with his very first backpack he picked out all by himself.

I thought I was ready to send him off for a couple of hours, but I have to admit that I was a little sad when he went. It's good for him to have something of his very own though. Ryan was not happy with the change - he kept going to the window and saying "Machew, where are you?" and "Machew, come on." He even brought me his shoes at one point. I'm sure missing Matthew won't last too long, especially when little brother comes along!

Matthew had a great time at school. He told me he wants to go back on the bus next time. Too bad it's only a few doors away!

2 comments:

vanessa said...

What a cute story! I love that he was so excited. Sounds so fun! Good luck with the last part of your pregnancy!

The Morgans said...

I found your blog through Jenny's. I think I'm going to put Matt in Michelle's preschool next year. I loved your blog about the police siren and the peguin- sorry. He does it for our Matthew. Our blog is private so send me your email and I will give you access- kandi_cope@yahoo.com