Tams Family Homepage - Amy, Matthew, Ryan, Zachary, and Kevin
family blogmatthewryanzachandrew

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Fool Me Once...

Have you ever heard the saying "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame one me" ? Well, let's just say I'm having one of those tough mommy days.

This morning I quickly ran upstairs to take a shower so I could get ready to go Visiting Teaching. Ryan was strapped in his chair eating breakfast and Matthew was sitting at the table finishing up his (although not strapped into his chair. Big mistake.) When I came downstairs everything seemed normal, but then I walked into the kitchen to find the PAM spray can on the floor with PAM sprayed all over the tile! I asked Matthew if he had gotten into it and he told me it was Ryan's fault. (Yep, Ryan who can't even reach the counter.) So Matthew got sent to timeout and lost his TV show for the morning, which he was not happy about.

I helped Ryan get out of his chair, got the boys changed, and then headed to the bathroom to dry my hair. While doing so Ryan came and closed the door. I opened it and peaked out but saw the boys in the front room and they were just playing together. So I turned the blowdrier back on to finish up and Ryan came to close the door again. He does that sometimes just for the sake of doing it, so I hurried and finished my hair before opening the door again. When I opened the door I found the boys in the front room again, this time dancing around in a circle and clapping their hands. Seems pretty innocent, right? Nope. I walked over to find that Matthew had climbed onto the counter to get the syrup down from breakfast and had taken it into the front room for them to play with. There was syrup on the carpet and the boys were clapping their sticky hands together in glee. Wait a second... hadn't Matthew just been in time out a few minutes ago for almost the exact same thing?

So by 9:45 this morning I already faced two major messes and Matthew had lost his TV show and all of his Matchbox cars. Hopefully I can keep my little angels from conspiring together in another diabolical plot. Boys are great!

4 comments:

A said...

My neighbor's 3 year old flushed her wedding ring down the toilet after he saw the movie "Flushed". I told her if Jackson ever did that I would probably have to leave him at my mom's house for a day or two because I would be so furious. Today, for the first time, the dreaded thing eveyone has always told me would happen happened. He brought me a stinky little surprise he pulled out of his diaper. It was all over his fingers, luckily he showed me and said "ew" before it got on anything else. I'm just waiting for the day it's everywhere before I discover it. Oh, the joys!

Wendy said...

Did the syrup come out of the carpet? Gotta love those terrible twos (and threes and fours)!

sweet pickles said...

So sorry about the syrup!!

Wendy said...

Kevin,

How did you get the text portion of your blog to be wider than normal?