Okay, so I normally don't mention things like this but I have to say something. Why in the world are diapers getting so expensive? We have been patronizing the disposable diaper industry since 2004. Back in those days we would pay around 12 cents per diaper (10 cents per diaper was a possible). Around 5 or 6 months ago we were paying 14 cents per diaper. But recently we started to notice that the cost per diaper is going out of control. We normally by diapers at Sams Club because they were so cheap. As of this week we noticed that size five Sams club diapers are now 21.8 cents per diaper and Huggies are 22.3 cents. If you do the math that is about a 35% increase in the cost over the past few months. So what is the deal?
We have stopped buying diapers at Sams Club and now we buy parents choice diapers from Wal-mart. A size five is 17.2 cents and a size four is 14.8 cents. I'm just curious where you are buying diapers and what is your cost per diaper? P.S. any ideas on how we can get our three year old to potty train, that hypothetically would reduce our cost per diaper per child.
4 days ago






5 comments:
I never realized how much diapers cost really. I've always bought luvs. Cheaper than Huggies, and let me tell you, when Jackson was first born we tried every kind (mostly because people gave us every kind) and they leaked the least. So I used less and in essence, life was cheaper than using cheap diapers but more of them. I just calculated that they are .21 each, that is kind-of a lot. At least since he doesn't have bottles any more we don't use nearly as many. So sorry, I have no cheaper solution for you, but just my two cents on the whole issue. I agree though, that is a lot.
AMEN!! We've made the exact switch you have!
We use Huggies, and we buy them at Costco, we've tried tons of different kinds and they work the best for our children. I really think the best one that works for your child is all in the way your childs shaped, and none worked like Huggies, and in case you don't remember, our children drink a ton. People have started to ask me if my children are diabetic. I don't know how much we pay, I don't remember at the moment. About the whole potty training thing, I think they just have to be ready, but also bribe, bribe, bribe! I can give you more details on what we did to help Quinn get potty trained if you would like, just let me know. It actually went fairly smoothly which was a huge blessing.
As I was buying diapers yesterday, I couldn't help but pull my phone out to find out how much I was paying. (All thanks to you.) At target, it was 17 cents for a size 4 of their store brand. I did see a box of pampers on clearance (size 4) that ended up being 18 cents per diaper. I pay tons more for diapers for my baby then I did for either of my older 2 kids. A big package (not the box) of luvs was about $10. Now I think they are closer to $16-which is about what I payed for my target ones this time. Ouch. Darn inflation.
It is because we are purchasing items made outside the USA and our purchasing power has fallen significantly in the world economy.
One should be planning for most of our consumable goods continue increase in price as the salary difference between USA and China continues to close in.
Post a Comment