Bedtime gets kind of crazy around our house sometimes. We put the kids to bed at the same time every night, but it seems like no matter how early we start the bedtime routine we run into a serious case of the wiggles, giggles, and second-wind syndrome. Tonight seemed especially hard for the kids to go to bed. We read scriptures, said prayers, sang songs, and said goodnight. As I headed out the door Zachary asked me, "Mom, do I have to be good tomorrow?" I smiled and told him that it was nice to be good everyday. I should have known that it was only a foreshadowing of things to come.
It all started when Zachary decided he needed to use the bathroom three times in a row. On the third time out it was decided he needed some extra work to go to sleep, so upstairs he went to clean up the toys. This usually allows the non-offenders some time to calm down enough so that when the culprit goes back to bed things are more quiet. While Zachary was upstairs with Kevin, Matthew decided he needed to use the bathroom as well, but he needed some toilet paper because their bathroom was out. I found some more for him and told him to finish and get to bed. After Matthew was done I heard more giggling and went in to find out what was going on. I happened to step on something wet on the carpet. Upon further investigation it turned out to be little bits of wet toilet paper. I asked Matthew and Ryan if they knew anything about it and Matthew said he must have had a little bit left from when he went to the bathroom. At this point Zachary finished his job and after a little reminder of what bedtime is for (i.e. sleeping, not jumping around), he was put back in his room. I shut the door and went to find something to read so I could keep watch for awhile until they quieted down. When I came back there was more giggling. I opened the door and walked in to step on several more pieces of wet toilet paper. I looked up to see Zachary throwing pieces out of his bed. Apparently Matthew and Ryan decided it would be fun to put some in Zach's bed while he was away. So we turned on the lights, made everyone clean up the toilet paper, and put them back to bed. Let's just say the boys have lots of cleaning to do tomorrow.
4 days ago






3 comments:
Oh I can so relate! We are planning on coming out in August, will you guys be around?
we put kids that can't get to sleep to work too.
Bedtime is always an adventure... better luck next time!
Post a Comment