Tams Family Homepage - Amy, Matthew, Ryan, Zachary, and Kevin
family blogmatthewryanzachandrew

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

It's been a while....

So we haven't been so great on keeping up with the blogging thing. No excuses - we just got behind. Here is a quick update on some of the things going on with our lives.

The warmer weather has meant...yardwork! We (meaning mostly Kevin) have been working on the yard. Kevin was very excited to get his own lawmower and has faithfully mowed the lawn every week since.

It has been fun to see how our house looks in the spring. When we moved in at the beginning of December everything was covered in snow, so this is the first time we have seen our yard with the changing of the seasons. We uncovered the flower beds with the old brush and plants and were pleasantly surprised to find tulips and daffodils hiding underneath. We have been watching to see what colors were hiding within and have loved the appearance of yellows, purples, and reds. There are a lot of robins around and Zachary loves to watch the "buhs" (birds) out of the window.

My super-duper handyman of husband also built the boys a cool new sandbox that has brought mountains of joy.

Matthew and Ryan have been perfecting their castle and moat building skills while Zach has enjoyed the crunchiness of sand between his teeth.


In March there was a ward kite flying activity. The boys loved their Buzz Lightyear kite and had a lot of fun flying it at the park. Ryan was especially impressed by the square doughnuts served afterward.



As for me, I finally got a chance to check out of mommyhood for a couple of days while I read a few books. It was true bliss! Someday I'll get caught up on all that filing....

Basically, life is racing on by and we are doing our best to keep up. I hope to be better about keeping track of our adventures. Stay tuned!

6 comments:

Angie said...

Love the sandbox! I may have to share those pix with my hubby. We've started one, but keep procrastinating finishing it. Haven't been sure how to keep the neighborhood kitties out. I like what you guys did.

Vickie said...

Your boys are so cute! I'm glad Kevin is happy to be mowing a lawn. I'm hoping that when we buy a home something will click and I'll take better care of my yard and flower beds.

Wendy said...

I know where those square donuts come from. It's a little hole-in-the-wall place in downtown Lehi.

Country Bakery
172 W. Main St., Lehi

You have to get there early or they will all be gone.

Jenni Elyse said...

It looks like you're having a fun time, even if it is busy. I'm glad the kids get to play in the sandbox now.

Eliason 5 said...

Yay for so much fun outdoors! Your boys look like they are loving it.

Andrea and Terrance said...

That sandbox looks like so much fun! I am now jealous of your sandbox AND your toy room.