Our little Ryan has said some funny things lately. Here are just a few of his recent and best:
When asked to say the prayer for dinner, he said he didn't want to. Mom asked him again to please say the blessing. "I can't," he said. "Why not?" asked mom. "Because," he said. "Well, why don't you try and mommy can help you if you need it." Ryan folded his arms, closed his eyes, and sat for a second. Then he looked up and said matter-of-factly, "I can't. See. I lost all the words."One day he was playing downstairs on the kiddie slide we borrowed from Julie and Joe (thanks guys!). He came upstairs while I was washing dishes. He waited there until I looked over and with hands on his hips said, "Mom, I just fell off the slide." "I'm sorry," I said. "Are you okay?" "Yes, but next time I need a helmet."
On Monday night for Family Home Evening we were talking about things we could do to build and strengthen our testimonies. We were drawing things on paper like read the scriptures, help someone in need, be kind, etc. I was helping Ryan decide what he wanted to draw. He decided he needed a Helpful Robot for be kind. And it had to have the following: head, neck, body. long arms, long legs, back, front, middle, hands, fingers, eyes, ears, mouth, feet, footprints, and a grab-nabber. "A grab-nabber?" I asked. He looked at me like, of course mom, don't you know what that is?
Just before bed, he started singing his own version of The Muffin Man. "Do you know the butt-butt man, the butt-butt man...." I told him I would prefer that he doesn't say that word, hoping to stop the song altogether. I should have known better because he smiled and started singing, "Do you know the bum-bum man, the bum-bum man, the bum-bum man." Can you just hear my big SIGH by now?Other funny things about Ryan:
-He likes to fill up the bathroom sink when he is "washing" his hands. He then sticks his head in to get his hair all wet and combs it over with his hands and smiles in the mirror.
-He is a child of habit. Every night we sing in the exact order Pioneer Children, Oxcart, and I Hope They Call Me on a Mission. And every night he asks the same questions and every night we have the same answers: What does kept mean? (The pioneers kept the sabbath day. They did what Jesus wanted them to do.) What does creak mean? (The wheel on the oxcart was squeaky. It needed oil.) What does -ary mean? (It goes with missionary. They tell people about Jesus.)
-While making his bed, both he and Matthew like to lift their sheets and create a bubble of air. They like to jump on it which they refer to as Air-Pops.
On a different note, Zachary wasn't feeling well yesterday so Kevin gave him a blessing. Later that night, it was Ryan's turn for family prayer and Kevin told him to remember a special blessing for Zach. Ryan immediately walked over to Zachary and put both hands on his head. We had to teach Ryan that he couldn't give blessings until he was older, but it was really sweet that he wanted to help his brother.
4 days ago






7 comments:
I have caught Quinn and Ava trying to give each other blessings. It is so sweet that they care.
i love reading this stuff--other people's adventures with boys truly hit home with me. I think that there is something about the name "Ryan" that brings out the funny/crazy sometimes. Boy i've got stories to share :) Good job!
Oh so cute! I think you need to have better answers if he's still asking the same questions. Just kidding. Hiram occasionally does the same thing in the sink - 2nd child thing? I love your kids and wish I could see them more.
I think it's so fun to read the things kids do. They're so creative and pure. They see the world with such wonderful eyes and it's nice to remember the world that way.
Too funny! We sure miss Ryan. What a cutie!
i love that you keep track of the cute things your kids say and do! what a fun post!
Hey, Your family is still the best. It is so good to see you are all doing so well! We send lots of love and I started blogging too. rnwhite@blogspot.com Please keep in touch!
Post a Comment