Tams Family Homepage - Amy, Matthew, Ryan, Zachary, and Kevin
family blogmatthewryanzachandrew

Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Adventures of Matt-Man and Ryan - Episode 2

Episode 2: Kitchen Caper

Mom: Okay boys. I'm going to get ready for the day. I'll be done before your show is finished.

Matthew and Ryan: Okay mom.

*Poof* The boys turn into Matt-man and his mischievous side-kick Ryan

Matt-man: Hey Ryan, I need a snack.

Ryan: Me too.

M: Let's go see what there is.

R: Okay.

On the way to the cupboard....

M: Look, there's mom's spice rack on the counter. I wonder what would happen if we opened some of the containers.

R: I don't know. Let's try. Wow, look at all of this stuff all over the counter. It sure is green.

M: Yeah, and it smells funny too.

Mommy, just back from getting ready (which was only a few minutes, might I remind you)

What are you boys up to?

Boys: AAAAHHHHH, it's Mom!

Later that day...

Matthew: Mom, I really like painting.

Mom: I'm glad you do.

Ryan: Me too.

Mom: Good. I need to go switch the laundry. I'll be right back.

Mom heads to the laundry room. The door sometimes closes behind her, but that has not been a problem in the past. A perfect for opportunity for *DUN DUN DUN* Matt-man and Ryan!

Ryan: Hey Matthew, I can paint on my arm, look!

Matt-man: That's cool. Let me try.

Ryan: Look at all of these colors.

Matt-man: Yeah, skin makes a great canvas.

Mom hasn't heard much because the door is closed and the dryer had started as another load was being put into the washer. She opens the door to find...

Mom: Boys! Why is there paint on your bodies?

Boys: AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

Clean-up Time





p.s. Things mommy has learned in the past couple of days:
1. No more telling the boys where I am going. It's got to be done in stealth or else they know they have a chance to morph into their devious selves.
2. Keep laundry door open at all times.
3. Boys must be separated while having a snack or doing an art project.
4. Never wonder where they come up with their antics. It makes my head hurt.
5. Not a lesson learned but just a reaffirmation - I love my boys!

4 comments:

Vickie said...

Just wait until liitle Zachary starts morphing into Zach Attack!
They're really good at being boys.

Jenni Elyse said...

Ha! I love Ryan's face in his picture. He seems genuinely sorry, or at least that's what he wants you to think. ;)

sweet pickles said...

The joys of boys. The fun never ends!

Christina said...

So cute!!! and boy can I relate.