Tams Family Homepage - Amy, Matthew, Ryan, Zachary, and Kevin
family blogmatthewryanzachandrew

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Birthday Extravaganza!!!

I love October - the beginning of fall, pretty leaves, cooler temperatures, pumpkins, Halloween, and three birthdays in one month! Is it any wonder that we are so behind on the blog?

Matthew had his 4th birthday about a week and a half ago. He was really excited about his birthday this year and had been anxiously awaiting the day he would turn 4 and be "big." He even started counting down the days on the calendar. "Mom, did you know that tomorrow after tomorrow will be my birthday? I only have 2 more days!" he would say. Kevin and I are starting to wonder what we are going to do when he gets too smart to figure out our code talk for presents! The morning was great. He got to go to preschool (one of his favorite things) where they sang Happy Birthday and made a birthday crown. His teacher even gave him a small gift which he raved about the rest of the day. He received several phone calls from family and couldn't wait to open presents after dinner. After presents we had Curious George birthday cake with some friends (thanks Jack and Cameron!). He still talks about his birthday and always reminds us that he is big enough and old enough to do things now because he is 4. I wonder what will happen when he turns 5!
Ryan also had a birthday recently. It's hard to believe that his is 2 years old! He didn't quite grasp the concept of a birthday until it came time for presents. He was a little wary of the first one but after he got the hang of it he quickly became a pro! He loved his Shake 'n' Go Lightning McQueen car. Kevin and I tried to think of some different presents for him, but Ryan is obsessed with Pixar Cars. He knows all of their names and plays with them almost all day, every day. Does that surprise you coming from our boys? :)
Sorry about the cake. I tried to make a really cool race track but I was a little short on time. I don't think Ryan minded though!

5 comments:

vanessa said...

Looks so fun! Happy birthday to your boys! Oh and those cakes look awesome! Great job.

Wendy said...

Isaac would probably also like that shake and go mcqueen. Did you give him the mac hauler? How is he liking that? That's what Grandma Tams is giving him.

Adam and Brynn said...

Happy Birthday Boys! Cute pictures. And I love the cakes! I can't believe how big they are getting either. ESPECIALLY that Ryan is 2! Holy cow. Time flies. :) What a fun month.

Jenette said...

It looks like fun! I agree...October is the best month! Your kids are looking so big!! Wow.

Christina said...

We are sorry we couldn't be there, we miss our friends in Provo. The cakes looked great, and I am so not surprised that Ryan is obsessed with Pixar cars, I fully expect Zach to be the same way, but we will see!