So it was Kevin's birthday last week and being the slacker wife that I am it is just getting posted about today.
It was so fun to see how excited the boys were for Kevin to come home and open his presents. We made his cake early in the day and then decorated the house with balloons and crepe streamers. I wrapped Kevin's presents and left them on top of the TV stand and Matthew kept looking at them and asking when daddy would be home. As soon as Kevin walked through the door, Matthew yelled Happy Birthday! and told Kevin to open his presents. Unfortunately he had to suffer through Kevin eating dinner first. But afterward we had a party!
Here's Kevin opening his presents - with the boys' help of course. He saved up for a new Playstation 2 and the boys and I were lucky to find him all of the games a racing fan would want. 
(Do you see why Matthew was so excited? Like father like son.) Now all Kevin needs is a steering wheel and he'll be set. It's a good thing he has something to live through vicariously to fill his need for speed!

(Do you see why Matthew was so excited? Like father like son.) Now all Kevin needs is a steering wheel and he'll be set. It's a good thing he has something to live through vicariously to fill his need for speed!

Here's the boys watching the Pixar CARS game. They seem pretty interested, wouldn't you say? I couldn't even get them to smile for the picture - eyes glued to the TV, game controllers in hand.

And birthday cake! Nothing special - just Kevin's favorite - German chocolate. Yum!

We love you Kevin and all that you do for our family. You are one special dad and husband!






2 comments:
Happy belated birthday, Kevin! I hope you had an awesome day!
Yay!! PS2!! :) That's a great gift! I'm still absolutely lovin' the Wii I got for Mother's Day! (we all are)
I love the picture of the boys with controllers in hand.. hah they are cute. (and you are doomed, they'll never get off.) :) Looks like Kevin had a great Birthday! And you can't go wrong with German Chocolate Cake.
Post a Comment