Last Thursday we went to Sweets Candy Factory and Kennecott Copper Mine with the Tams family. Let's just say the combination of candy and big trucks was a huge hit with my boys. We weren't allowed to take pictures at the factory, but the kids saw how jelly beans were made, the conveyor belts for orange sticks and taffy, and how the candy was packaged. They even showed us the large bags of sugar they use every day. And of course there were samples along the way. It's a good thing we ate lunch before we went! At the end of the tour they got some more samples and their own bag of taffy. Very exciting!
After the candy tour we went to Kennecott Copper Mine to look at the machines. What a day! They got to see a huge tire from one of the dump trucks, a very big power shovel loading a dump truck, and lots of machine models at the visitors center. They were in heaven! When it was time to go I actually had to pry Ryan's hands off the railing with him yelling, "No! Dump! Dump!" Matthew came straight home and decided to play with all of his construction cars. I think we will be making the trip again soon, especially since Kevin had to work. I think the biggest boy in our family wants to see the big trucks too! Here are some of the pictures. Sorry if the quality isn't superb - I was trying to take pictures and corral my two Tonka junkies at the same time.
Matthew and Ryan at the big wheel. Ryan trying to play with the hoses at one of the old train car exhibits. |
2 comments:
I used to love going to Kennecott! Looks like they were in Heaven!! :) I love the picture of Ryan climbing under the exhibit. haha That's how Makenna is wherever we go too.
Cute boys!
That is a perfect place for boys!
I love that covered wagon idea. Ike's the same way with candy-why waste it to MAKE something when you could be EATING it. I'll have to remember that idea for next year.
Post a Comment