Tams Family Homepage - Amy, Matthew, Ryan, Zachary, and Kevin
family blogmatthewryanzachandrew

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Some Things Do Stick

I've been meaning to post this for a while, but as usual have been busy with other things. Imagine that? :) Anyway, a few Mondays ago we sat down to have Family Home Evening and Matthew decided it was his turn to give the lesson. (We are pretty sure he offered to make it as short as possible so he could get to the FHE treat.) After singing a song he started telling us about Jesus walking on the water. When we asked him what happened next, he explained that Peter wanted to walk on the water too. And then Peter FELL DOWN IN THE WATER (as emphasized by Matthew). We asked what happened next and he said, "Jesus asked them, 'Why don't they have more faith?'"


I have to say that I am grateful for moments like this. It sure is nice to know that with all of the craziness and crankiness of a three-year-old, something valuable is getting through. Now if only I could get him to stop sitting on his brother....We love you Matthew!














2 comments:

Adam and Brynn said...

That is so sweet!!! Such a cute story! :) I always wonder how things can possibly sink in too!! But somehow they manage to. haha I love Matthew he is cute.

sweet pickles said...

Good for you for being such a good teacher to your boys!