Tams Family Homepage - Amy, Matthew, Ryan, Zachary, and Kevin
family blogmatthewryanzachandrew

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Way too smart

These are some of the adventures I've had with Matthew over the past couple of days.

About two days ago, I had planned on doing some things for Primary while Matthew was taking his nap. As always happens when I have things to do, Matthew decided not to take a nap that day. I had postponed my responsibilities long enough, so when he asked if I would play cars with him I had to tell him that he needed to play on his own for a while. He did so peacefully for five minutes and then the "Mom, are you done yet?" started about every two minutes. Each time I had to tell him that it would be longer. He finally gave me a time limit of three more minutes to which I smiled and hoped he would forget. The phone rang about five minutes later and after I came back Matthew told me that I was all done with Primary. I told him that I would be in about ten minutes (I was being very accurate) when I noticed that my binder had disappeared from the table. I asked Matthew if he had seen my binder, wondering if I had moved it with the phone call. He smiled and said yes. The next question: "Did you take Mommy's binder?" Matthew again said yes (at least he told the truth) and showed me where he had stashed it in his toy box. I decided that I wasn't going to get anywhere and it would be best to go and play with my son.

Today we were again playing cars while Ryan was asleep and it was getting close to lunch time. I told Matthew I was getting hungry and it was time to start thinking about lunch. He told me he still wanted to play cars, so we did so for a few more minutes. I then said, "Matthew, my tummy is growling. It is saying 'FEED ME'." And what was Matthew's response? "My tummy is growling too. It says 'I WANT TO PLAY WITH CARS'." Checkmate.

3 comments:

Jenette said...

I love the focus of that kid! He knows what he wants and sticks with it!!

Amy, I've tagged you in a strange and slightly awkward game of cyber tag. I want to hear all about you! You have to visit my site to get the rules of this game of tag. Sorry about the novel you have to wade trough to get to the rules. I didn't plan that out very well.

Jenni Elyse said...

Ha ha! I love the things kids say. They are so much fun and so smart!

sweet pickles said...

Sorry. It just seems to get worse, too.