This week has been very enjoyable. On Monday Amy and the boys went to play group at the park. Matthew and Ryan both had a lot of fun playing in the park. Unfortunately Matthew was subject to a little potty humor from the other boys and is now concerned about droppings falling from the trees. Silly boy. On the way home from the park Matthew told Amy the following: "Mom, when I get big like you I will drive the car and you can sit in my seat."
On Tuesday Amy attended the Relief Societies "Chat and Chocolate." I'm sure glad that Amy has the chance to interact with other mothers. Being in the Primary takes away that opportunity. Also Matthew has started asking if there are animals in his room. After Amy says personal prayers with Matthew she has to do a room inspection to make sure that their aren't any: Lions, Alligators, and Bears in the room. Funny kid.
On Wednesday the family went to the Veterans memorial pool in Provo. The temperature showed that it was around 95 degrees but it actually felt a little cold. Matthew loved going down the water slides. This time he was actually excited to have Amy take him down the slide. It was funny the last time we went down the slide Matthew was shaking so bad he could hardly walk. But he still wanted to keep going down the slide. Matthew also went to the potty and it was fifth time so he got the "Sheriff" as a reward. Amy and I both think he still isn't interested.
On Thursday Matthew was in a mischievous mood. He is finding new ways to get into trouble every day. As a result of Matthew's creativity we had to tie the picnic table to the Bannister so Matthew couldn't use it as a stepping stool or a lunching pad. We have also resorted to putting the gate up between Matthew and Ryan so that they don't steal each others toys. Sometimes Matthew will come into a room and ask, "Excuse me, is this the "E" room?"
Ryan is growing up so much. It is neat to see how mobile he is becoming. Ryan is a little attached to his mom and chants uMM, Mum, or Mumum until he finds her. He and Matthew are starting to play better together but they still are learning how to share and play nice. The love to wrestle and it is kind of funny to see Ryan end up on top. Ryan also gets mad when you take something away from him and he will bury his head into the floor. It is funny to see how early they learn to pout. The boys appear to be a little too smart for their own good. We are trying to get Matthew to stop throwing fits when he doesn't want to do something. On Friday we asked Matthew if he wanted a snack before he went to bed. Normally this would be grounds for a fit but surprisingly he said "No, Thank you." Lets hope he is learning.
Matthew will also have long conversations about all kinds of random things. During his conversations he likes to say: "Look at me Mom." "I was talking." "I'm just trying to tell you something." Amy and I were both impressed by the quote that is in the home of the Herrin twins. It reads: "Grant me patience to deal with my blessings." I think that is a great way to summarize being a parent.
4 days ago






2 comments:
Amy-
Your title of this post is now my very favorite quote. I will think if it often.
Looks like you're having too much fun with the boys!
Oh, by the way, this is Stephanie. Suppose I should have let you know.
Post a Comment