Tams Family Homepage - Amy, Matthew, Ryan, Zachary, and Kevin
family blogmatthewryanzachandrew

Thursday, January 16, 2014

On the drive home today....

I had just picked up the two older boys from school and we were on our way to pick up Zachary from preschool.   I asked the kids how class went and we were having our usual conversation about math, recess, lunch, etc. when the topic somehow to changed to girls.  Yes, girls.  Out of nowhere Ryan said he had a crush on a few girls.  Matthew responded with, "Really?  You like girls?" To which Ryan matter-of-factly replied, "Sure.  I like millions of them."  He then went on to tell us about a couple of girls that he liked and one that apparently has a crush on him but of whom he's not so sure about.


I just had to document this little conversation because 1) Girls are never discussed in our house (at least not yet).  I'm not even considered a girl very often - I'm just Mom.  2) This is coming from the same kid who shuns just about everything girl-related, i.e. almost dry-heaving as we walk past the Barbie aisle in the store. I thought it was cute to hear him be so casual about it too.  I guess you just never know!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

That is too funny! I was just as shocked reading this. Ryan and girls?! Who knew?