We delayed Andrew's birthday because he wasn't feeling well. We made sure to celebrate when the time finally came! Here's our handsome boy at lunch eating PBJ and grapes, some of his favorites. He can be such a ham!
After lunch it was time to open presents!
He was so cute to watch. At first he was very meticulous about opening the paper, but when he figured out how to get to the presents faster he really sped up the process. He was very happy with his Jake and the Neverland Pirates jammies.
Andrew also LOVES cars and trains. He was so excited to get his very own Gordon train from Thomas and Friends. He loved pushing it around and hearing the sounds it made.
And of course he needed his very own basketball! He was cute while he was trying to dribble it.
And on to the Elmo cupcakes!
I decided not to make a cake for Andrew, mostly because he isn't a big cake eater and I thought it would be fun to do something new. I found this idea online and thought it would be perfect for him. He loves Elmo, Oreos, M&M's, and marshmallows, so why not put them all together into one delicious concoction?
Andrew waiting patiently in his Jake jammies while we sang Happy Birthday.
Enjoying the spoils.
We sure love this little guy. He has so much personality and while he is going through the terrible two stage right now we love his growing sense of independence.
Some fun things about Andrew:
-He loves balls and has a very strong kicking leg already.
-He is a pro at dribbling a ball with his foot. We have another soccer player on our hands!
-He loves to read books and he loves to sing. He sings along with me to I Am a Child of God and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. He sings, "Ginkle, ginkle, ittle dar. How I under are. Up buv world high. Lie dimon in kie. Gingle, ginkle, ittle dar. How I under are." I tried to record him singing it but of course he won't have anything to do with it while the camera is on. I even tried to do it secretly at night while putting him to bed but I think he knew something was up.
-Like all of our boys, Andrew can't get enough of cars, planes, trucks, and trains.
-He is also very aware of anything relating to soccer, Star Wars, or Legos.
Things Andrew is saying:
Jake – Jake the Pirate
Pyat-pirate
Ehmo - Elmo
A guy
Mommy!
Chuck –truck
Choo choo chain
Mee Mow – Mickey Mouse
Milk moy- more milk
Dwink-ice means drink with ice
I-An means Ryan
Maboo –Matthew
Ack- Zach
Ehpain – airplane
Chip – ship
See-yo – cereal
Pees – please
Dank oo – thank you
Bike
Hemet – helmet
Oosh – shoes
Ba ball – basketball
Uch down – touchdown
Hike!
Goal!
Dayid – No David! (from the books)
Appo – apple
Nana – banana
And of course: No, mine, and My Churn!






No comments:
Post a Comment