...right here in River City! With a capital T and that rhymes with C and that stands for Crawl! (Music Man anyone?)
This little boy started crawling around the beginning of December. And while it was slow going at first he quickly figured it out and started moving everywhere. Full baby proofing came into effect, mostly meaning the floors had to be scoured for potential snacks. I've already saved Andrew from swallowing small Legos, a wrapper, a dried out pea, and a piece of yarn. I honestly don't know where he finds it all, especially since I have tried to be better about sweeping and vacuuming to keep said paraphernalia off the floor.
And with added mobility comes the desire to get things he WANTS. None of those baby toys for him, oh no. Favorites include any type of remote, cord, computer, phone, etc. Basically anything under the electronics category is fair game. He has learned to pull himself up, stand on his tiptoes, and reach his hand for anything and everything he can reach. And doors and drawers are no match for this little monster. It's amazing how you forget what these cute little people are capable of.
This little boy started crawling around the beginning of December. And while it was slow going at first he quickly figured it out and started moving everywhere. Full baby proofing came into effect, mostly meaning the floors had to be scoured for potential snacks. I've already saved Andrew from swallowing small Legos, a wrapper, a dried out pea, and a piece of yarn. I honestly don't know where he finds it all, especially since I have tried to be better about sweeping and vacuuming to keep said paraphernalia off the floor.
And with added mobility comes the desire to get things he WANTS. None of those baby toys for him, oh no. Favorites include any type of remote, cord, computer, phone, etc. Basically anything under the electronics category is fair game. He has learned to pull himself up, stand on his tiptoes, and reach his hand for anything and everything he can reach. And doors and drawers are no match for this little monster. It's amazing how you forget what these cute little people are capable of.
Trying to open the cabinet where the Wii remotes are hiding






6 comments:
Ahh!! That's what I'm in for in the next few weeks! My baby (Lily) has started rolling around the room and she's really picking up some great fine motor skills finding tiny pieces of tortilla chips and stickers, etc. Not looking forward to the obsession with cords, remotes, all that!
I love it, he's so cute. We were so glad we got to see you guys, even if it was just one day. We are planning to come back in June, and we will definitley spend more time with you guys then. You should post the pics you took of the boys, or email them to me :)
He is so adorable. I think they're super cute at that age so we don't get too mad at all the chaos they cause. =)
We are not far beyond this stage (Lina is 20 months). It seemed that for 6 months, I was rearranging and reorganizing constantly to keep things out of reach. Now Lina can climb or pull a chair up and get into almost anything, so it is hopeless. All we have is prayer and as much supervision as possible.
oh Amy he is too cute! It's amazing the things that they can find!
Andrew is so sweet! (and mischievous!)
Post a Comment