Tams Family Homepage - Amy, Matthew, Ryan, Zachary, and Kevin
family blogmatthewryanzachandrew

Friday, November 4, 2011

Little Boyisms

I am trying to be better about writing things down. These are some funny things the boys have said recently.

Ryan, driving home from church one day:
Ryan: I can't wait to go to bed.
Mom: Why? You still have a few more hours until bedtime.
Ryan: Because then I will wake up and it won't be Sunday and I won't have to sing any more boring songs.



Zachary: Mom, you're growed up like a big boy girl!



One night, Zachary came out of bed and said his legs were sore and wanted me to come and rub them. I walked him back to his room and as he crawled back into his bed he told me which leg to rub first. "This one mommy, and then this one. But I only have two legs. Only rub two legs mommy because I'm not an alien."

Matthew was taking a bath and got some soap in one of his eyes. He couldn't get it out (probably because of all of the soap already in the tub), so I told him to turn on the shower to help rinse it out. As he is standing under the water he tells me, "I guess I better find my pirate eye patches. I might need to wear one to school tomorrow."



And of course with all of these boys there is a lot of potty humor. The following stories illustrate what happens in our house almost daily.

One day, Zachary was playing with his nerf ball popper gun, hunting down dinosaurs.

Zach: Pow! I got another T-Rex mom!
Mom: Wow, that's great. Watch out, here comes another one!
Zach, in all of his excitement, passed some gas as he tried to shoot the popper gun.
Mom: What was that?
Zach: It was a Toot-a-saurus Rex!

We were playing hide-and-seek downstairs. It was my turn to count and when I opened the door to go find them I heard cute little boy giggles coming from the bathroom. I kept looking in other places and saying, "I wonder where they are? Where could those boys be hiding?" The boys thought it was fun that mom couldn't find them so they started laughing even louder. I finally got to the bathroom and opened the door. "There you are!" I said. They squealed with delight. I laughed and told them I found them after I heard their giggles. Ryan spoke up and said, "Nuh-uh, mom. It was because you could hear me farting!"

And to show that my boys do have moments of sweetness, Matthew said to me the other day out of the blue, "Mom, you work harder than dad. You are always doing things with your arms - fixing my lunch, picking up things, starting the bath, helping Andrew." I told him that dads and moms both work hard; they just have different kinds of jobs. And we work hard because we love our family. It was nice to know that sometimes he notices the things we do.

And what does Andrew have to say to all of this? Lots of bubble blowing, drool, and the occasional bah-bah, ma ma, or mum mum. Why do they have to grow up so fast?

5 comments:

Kellie said...

Hysterical. I loved the boring songs and the pirate patch comments. They are all boy.

Carolyn said...

So cute :)

Andrea and Terrance said...

Totally made me laugh. Oh my gosh, Andrew is SOOOO cute!! I want to kiss him. I think he looks more like you than your other boys. I just love his big blue eyes. What a dolly.

Christina said...

What a cutie pie Andrew is, I want to hold him. I love the boy stories, oh how I can relate! So good of Matthew to realize how much you do for him. What a sweetie.

Jamie said...

Haha! I love your boys! They are so darn cute!!!