Tams Family Homepage - Amy, Matthew, Ryan, Zachary, and Kevin
family blogmatthewryanzachandrew

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Tough Week

*This was composed the end of June but never posted. Go figure. :)

It's been a while since we updated the blog, but we honestly have good reason this time. Last week the whole house came down with a not-very-fun sickness, so we spent a lot of time watching TV and eating soda crackers. Since everyone is finally feeling better, we have been trying to get back into our normal schedule, and unfortunately we've run into a couple of days where the kids have decided to rebel. Today, for example, the boys were downstairs playing Star Wars after lunch. I took advantage of a few spare minutes and went to my room to do some filing. The air conditioning came on and closed the bedroom door. I thought nothing of it and finished going through some papers. (Yeah, mommy-sense had apparently suffered from the sickness as well.) When I was done, I went downstairs to check on the kids. They were having a little scuffle about sharing, so I asked Ryan to come over and talk to me so we could work it out. When he came over I noticed orange powder around his mouth and smelled Doritos on his breath. Now, we don't have Doritos at our house very often, so the kids get pretty excited when they are around. I asked Ryan if he had been eating chips. He just looked at me and tried not to smile. I asked Matthew the same question, and he told me no, but the Mommy-sense (finally) kicked in and I could tell he wasn't being truthful. After some more questioning Matthew led me over to a blanket on the floor and lifted it up to reveal the bag of chips. It was almost entirely empty. Apparently the boys had decided they needed a snack and snuck the bag downstairs while my door was closed. Let's just say they had to clean up the mess and it looks like Doritos will have an even bigger hiatus from our house. Boys!

2 comments:

Jenni Elyse said...

I love how they try to hide it, even thought you can see the powder around their mouth and smell Doritos on their breath. So funny!

Sorry you were all sick. I'm glad you're feeling better!

jjonstott said...

I completely understand. Nathaniel is our little food sneaker!

Julie