Zachary is such a funny little boy. He still doesn't say much but he understands everything we say and often does things on his own. One day he came to me sniffling his nose. I was in the middle of helping Ryan, so I told him to go find a tissue to wipe it. He walks straight to the bathroom, gets some toilet paper, wipes his nose, and puts it in the garbage can. I have to admit I was pretty surprised.
Zach has been a momma's boy lately. Kevin usually puts him to bed, but the past few days he has been pretty upset about it. One night after family prayer Zach disappeared and reemerged carrying my black fleece jacket. I usually wear it in the mornings when the house is a little chilly. I guess he knows that's what I wear when he's still a little sleepy. I put the jacket on and he headed toward his bedroom and gave me a look like, "Aren't you coming mom? It's time for bed." He definitely knows what he wants.

His newest trick is pulling a chair over to the counter and climbing up on it to see and get what he wants. He can climb up on the toilet, reach the faucet of the bathroom sink, and turn it on. I have found him a couple of times with a the water running trying to wash his hands (usually after dipping them in the toilet.) Zach loves to see himself in the mirror, so he will get a comb wet in the sink and try to brush his own hair. And I literally have to get him undressed in lightning speed if it's bath time or he would end up in the tub with wet clothes. Zachary is also pretty good at dumping cereal on the floor but is also very helpful in cleaning it up.
Things he is saying: mama, dada (which he yells when Kevin comes home. So cute) ba (ball) baba (baa baa) neighneigh (horse) ishish (shoe) woo woo (dog) boo (peekaboo) bre (breakfast) wah (waffle )nigh nigh (night night) dah (dog) ish (fish) buh buh (bye bye) cuh (car or cup) and a few others I can't think of right now. Like I said before, he understands a lot and can do a lot by himself. We are just waiting for all the words in his brain to transfer to his mouth.
He loves animals, balls, bikes, being outside and going for rides in the car (so much so that he will bring me his shoes and jacket at random times during the day), wrestling with his brothers, and being chased by his daddy. He is also interested in coloring and has an innate sense of when someone is sneaking a treat and not sharing. He loves books and legos, much to the dismay of his older brothers. He even has to have his cute little hands on a spare controller when the boys are playing Lego Star Wars. Zachary just loves being in the middle of it all!


I can't believe this little boy is 18 months old already!






4 comments:
What a cutie pie, I can't wait to meet him.
He's so cute! It's fun to read about his personality and the cute things he does. I can't believe he's 18 months old either.
He's so sweet! :) I love all the stories & info about him. He's so cute.
What a sweet cake. I love the way he wants so much to be active with those brothers! How's nursery going with him? I'm jealous, but almost there!
Post a Comment