Tams Family Homepage - Amy, Matthew, Ryan, Zachary, and Kevin
family blogmatthewryanzachandrew

Friday, February 6, 2009

Lego Star Wars



For Christmas, Kevin got the Lego Star Wars game for our Playstation 2 (yes, a little slow on the gaming technology, but we are okay with it). It has been a huge hit at our house. The boys are running around pretending to blast storm troopers all while singing the Death March. And watch out for evil "Dark" Vader (according to Matthew) and black "Darf Mater" (according to Ryan.) Yesterday I was in the kitchen humming the Death March as I was making dinner when Matthew and Ryan came bursting in:

Matthew: Mom, that's Dark Vader's song!
Mom: Yes, it is.
Ryan: Where's black Darf Mater?
Mom: I'm not sure. You better go find him!

Later, after some storm troopers have been thoroughly blasted, we somehow got on the topic of Luke Skywalker.

Mom: Did you know that Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's dad?
Matthew: He is? But he's not nice. Why?
Mom: Well, he used to be nice. Then he made some bad choices and started being mean to some people.
Matthew: He should have listened to Lego Jesus.

I couldn't help but laugh. It's good to hear that he is retaining some of the lessons we are trying to teach him, even if it exists in the realm of Lego Star Wars.

9 comments:

Wendy said...

Noah and Jonah particularly loved the comment about Lego Jesus!

Vickie said...

We should all listen to Lego Jesus more often. I'm excited for my kids to get to sing the death march with your kids. :)

Jenni Elyse said...

That game is so fun, isn't it? I love it! I'm glad the kids are enjoying it. I love Matthew's line about Lego Jesus. So cute!

Jenn -- said...

Your boys are so cute! It is good to hear from you, I hope you are all well and happy.

tyler and ali said...

That ROCKS!!! What a fun way to get your kiddos into star wars at a young age.
Did you know the that's Tyler's theme song? He often hums it coming upstairs. Maybe that means he's Dark Mater.

Christina said...

That's hilarious, I was laughing so hard, it is great to see them putting things together and remembering things we are trying so hard to teach them.

Andrea and Terrance said...

That is absolutely darling, but I wouldn't expect anything less from your kids-you teach them so well. Hope your littlest one is feeling better.

Annie Hatch said...

Lego Jesus...love it. I can always count on getting a good laugh from your stories!!

Lauren said...

Hello Kevin and Amy,
I came across your website, and was curious to see if we are related. My father, Vernon Wallace Tams, (son of Wallace Tams and Lucille Ferrin), was from Ogden, Utah. I have several aunts, uncles and cousins that are still living in Ogden. I am in St. Louis. I have not run across the TAMS name too often....just curious.