Tams Family Homepage - Amy, Matthew, Ryan, Zachary, and Kevin
family blogmatthewryanzachandrew

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Adventures of "Uh-Oh" and "Grumpy"

Good morning kiddies! These cute boys look innocent, but they can be the cause of lots of mischief. Let's see what they've been up to the past couple of days....

Ryan is learning to talk. He is in the parrot stage where he tries to mimic whatever you say. He finally learned to say "da-da" (or something close to it) and his new favorite words are uh-oh and ba (ball). He is very affectionate and loves to give hugs and kisses. He also knows a little more than we give him credit for. The other day I was in the kitchen doing the dishes when I saw Ryan bend down and pick something up off of the floor. He shoved it in his mouth as quickly as possible and took of running (or walking as fast as he could) toward the front room. He was laughing when I caught up to him. I found a piece of a fruit snacks wrapper in his mouth. He knew he wasn't supposed to have it - that's why he ran away and laughed. How does he catch on to this stuff so soon?

Another time I was at the kitchen table working on some things for Primary when Matthew and Ryan decided to play in the bathroom. I told Matthew not to play with the toilet paper and he said they weren't. Matthew closed the door and I continued to work away. He opened it again to reassure me they weren't playing with the toilet paper. Then he shut the door and it got really quiet. I knew this meant trouble, so I grabbed the camera, opened the door, and this is what I found. Caught in the act! Look how happy they are disobeying their mother!

Matthew sure does have an imagination. One morning I went to get him from bed and this is what he told me: "Mom, there was the biggest elephant in my room and I pushed him out and locked him out FOREVER." I'm glad the elephant is gone forever. I don't have any room in my house for elephants.

The other night we read about the Rameumptom in the Book of Mormon. Matthew really liked that story for some reason and the next day he asked to read about the Grumpy again. Grumpy? What is a Grumpy? I scanned my knowledge of his books to find one with a Grumpy in it. He looked at me with an impatient gaze, "You know mom. The Grumpy in the scriptures!" Ahhh, the Grumpy Rameumptom. It all becomes clear now.
Here are the boys after church on Sunday. Aren't they handsome?




No comments: