Tams Family Homepage - Amy, Matthew, Ryan, Zachary, and Kevin
family blogmatthewryanzachandrew

Thursday, June 21, 2007

The Speed of Trust - PMI Business Meeting

Today I attended the PMI-Northern Utah Business Meeting and Luncheon. I am interesting in becoming a member and I wanted to see if it was worth the expense. The meeting was very interesting and very audience specific. I really enjoyed the presentation given by Barry Rellaford: The Speed of Trust.

The idea is if trust does not exist in your organization then you are less effective. You pay a tax. Think about working with people you don't trust. You check everything, you watch over them, basically you are just doing it for them. In a trusted environment you can let that person do their job and they are not only trustworthy but they are proficient in their responsibilities. Much of the presentation was from a Book by Stephen M. R. Covey...the son of Stephen Covey and the appear to be sound. I will start reading the book and I will let you know how it goes.

Overall I would say that my impressions were great. I hope to go to other meetings after the summer break.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun.